Do You Need a Gas, Electrical or Energy Performance Certificate?
We understand that buying or selling a home can be a stressful time, we aim to remove the burden of searching for and checking providers. We have a solid reputation, we are approved and our reviews show we offer exceptional service to our customers.
Home Buyers Survey Or Report Recommends Gas & Electrical Checks?
If you’re buying a new house and you’ve had a survey carried out by a Surveyor. The report will probably mention that the gas and electrical installations have not been checked. This is fairly standard in a survey.
A Surveyor is not a Gas engineer or an NICEIC registered Electrician and is unable to tell whether the wiring, fuse board, sockets, appliances, central heating, radiators, heating controls and boiler are in a safe and working condition.
The Surveyor has sensibly advised you what to do next. It’s good advice to follow. Preventing injury from fires, explosions or electric shock should be at the top of your list if you are buying a home, after all, you probably know little about the building and without these essential measures you don’t know what future costs or dangers there might be.
Why Do I Need A Home Buyers Survey For Gas & Electric Safety?
You don’t know who fitted the boiler or when it was last serviced, it could be dangerous like many we come across. There could be problems with the heating system or heating controls not working properly or efficiently, repairs could save you money.
The wiring could be unsafe due to overloading or heat damage. Sometimes wrongly sized cables are used to connect cookers or showers which require more power than the average socket. Sometimes the fuse box needs upgrading to a new consumer unit with fully protected RCD’s which can isolate the power due to an electrical fault- potentially saving lives. Sometimes there are cracked sockets or dangerous pendant lighting which could become live.
How Much Is a Home Buyer Report For Gas And Electrical Installation?
We charge per service:
- Electrical Condition Report (EICR) £114*
- Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) £85
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) £80
- full boiler safety check including the inside of the boiler
- full flue gas analysis and readings
- a check of heating controls for function and reliability
- a check of the hot water cylinder for function and reliability
- a full electrical installation condition report
- a check for any broken sockets
- a full check of the wiring
- a full check of the fuse board
- advice on all the above in regards to safety, condition and future reliability